Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 The Year in Review-2nd Quarter

April began with a FREEZING Easter weekend April 4-6th. I had declared 2007 the year of beer earlier, but decided in light of recent events, that bourbon was a more suitable elixer, so April is a bit of a blur. I remember Meeting Molly, another Rachel and yet another Jen- and attending an Easter camp out (for only a few hours as it was way too cold to camp) in a less than aware state of mind. That was the first time I experienced a weekend at Camp Mel's, where I was able to soak up a lot of needed love, support and nurturing.

April 13th and 14th I sang in my first VOICES concert.

April 21st was my birthday and Thunder Over Louisville. I had dinner with Robin Dianna Suzanne and Catherine... rode bikes with Catherine downtown for the craziness that is "Thunder" and went to a PJ party at Jai and Sarah's to celebrate Jai's birthday which is April 22.

Celebrated Mel's Birthday, April 25th with a cookout on the river, celebrated Catherine's April 28th birthday with a party at her house, made a trip to CaveHill with Katie, where I learned I can't climb trees any more, and Jenny treated both Catherine and I to a birthday celebration April 29th with a trip to the zoo.
May rang in with an exciting Derby, meaning another weekend at Camp Mel's, May 4-6th where we got to witness Tiff's first Derby experience.

May 10th Mel Carol and I saw the GreenCards in concert at that weird church in town.
May 11-13th was a weekend in Black Mountain North Carolina for LEAF where Molly and Rachel helped me honor the two month anniversary of Forrest's death and Mother's day, where I scattered some of Forrest's ashes not too far from where I had scattered some of mom's 6 1/2 years earlier.

A LONG drive to Madison Indiana to see the Duhks for the 2nd weekend in a row occurred on May 18th when Carol Mel Tiff and I took the scenic route.

There was a memorable evening at Waterfront Wednesday May 30th that was significant in my developing role with NewCentury and was a difficult evening for a handful of folks present for varying reasons. Sheesh... April and May were busy, I am exhausted merely reading about it now.

June... June began with a tic infested (but still much fun) camping trip with Carrie and my pups June 2nd and 3rd

Another trip in town June 8th for Jen Rock, Molly and Rachel found most of the folks here in town exhausted and a bit cranky... We all now sport I love J-Rock shirts in support of her performance at a Lisa's tavern. We made the obligitory Farmer's Market visit, and then I spent a bit of time at the ER with Mel after she cut her knee and needed stitches on June 9th. I will post no photos for the sake of those with active imaginations and weak stomachs.


June 17th was the first annual Father's day at Bernheim (mark your calendars now for the 2nd annual one June 15 2008) where Carol shared her father's ties AND taught us how to tie them! I was able to scatter some more ashes and I was cranky and grieving hard... but survived it with the love and support of those around... and phone calls and messages from those not around!


June 22nd Mel, Carol and Tiff and I had a double date, where I hear I flung chocolate across the room, the bourbon was treating me right and numbing some pain.


Sometime towards the end of June, I volunteered to help out with the books and the website for NewCentury and Shekinah as I was beginning to realize how important that was becoming to my spiritual journey as well as to my survival in the midst of the muck I was traversing.


June marked the beginning of the end of one of my denial periods regarding Forrest's death as I began to slip into a depression and start to disconnect from many friends.

Thus ends the 2nd quarter of 2007... More coming soon!


No comments: