Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Friday, February 17, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day I decided to celebrate my singleness with a trip to the immediate care center to discover that I have kidney stones…Twins, in fact. My sister had her 9 pound 13 oz sixth child the previous day; I suppose I might have been jealous that she was getting so much attention.
Yesterday, my cousin suggested to me that now that I was "ageing", I should consider paying more for my monthly insurance premiums to avoid the high deductible I will have to pay for my scheduled surgery. Thanks. Two months late (for open enrollment) and a thousand dollars too late came that advice.
Most people that know me have heard me say that I am begging for gray hair. I have always looked younger than I am, and I have always seemed to surround myself with friends a little older than I. I only had 3 gray hairs, so I gave up on the gray and colored my hair a few weeks ago. I have also been looking so forward to my next birthday, when I will turn 35... I figure that at least firmly establishes me in my thirties.

Today, I think I should get age points for the kidney stones as well.

4 comments:

Dott Comments said...

If I were you I'd blame the kidney stones on that stupid South Beach Diet.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the kidney stones, Kelly!
Know that I am thinking of you.
Love,
Bryony

Anonymous said...

I think your cousin is really really smart and you should listen to her more often. yep yep yep

Dott Comments said...

Please please please.

Update your blog.

Please.

Thank you.