Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Departure- Retreat Part 3

On my way out, I stopped one last time at Mary's Lake; to soak in the sunshine and crisp autumn breeze, to search perhaps again for the Great Horned Owl protecting her surrounding Forrest, or to catch another glimpse of the Fishing Green Heron.

As I walk away towards my car that will take me back to reality, I feel saddened to leave Mary's Lake and Cedars of Peace. As I feel the sorrow and pangs in my heart, I believe that I will leave a piece of me here. As those thoughts and feelings settle in my mind and heart, I also realize that I will be taking a piece with me. A piece of the land and the trees, the butterflies and frogs, the cleansing breeze and the sunshine, the dragonflies, deer, owls and herons, and the Forrest surrounding the lake. It is now as it has always been, a part of me.

As I continue walking away, it brings me joy to think of my sharing the heron theme of this year. I will share the heron, the owl and the Forrest, with all those I know. Which is to say, that I will share the love, the peace, the wonder and the hope that I have found in this moment.

No comments: