Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Year of Bourbon

2006 was The Year of Wine for me. I now know some wines that I do like and some that I don't. I can go to a restaurant and order a glass of wine without any assistance now.

2007 was originally designated as The Year of Beer for me. However, recent events in my life have changed 2007 into The Year of Bourbon.

I thank Suzanne for introducing me to Woodford Reserve, Melanie for keeping it in my world, and Molly for recently informing me that coke is a wasteful additive to it. Woodford Reserve happens to be the official bourbon for the Kentucky Derby, or so the billboard at Lexington Rd and Frankfort Ave says anyway, and if it's good enough for the Derby by golly, it's good enough for me!

I know it is a lofty goal... but my plan is to be able to drink Woodford straight by the end of 2007.

Hey... we all need goals to work towards, right?

1 comment:

melanie said...

I have to warn you - Woodford Reserve comes with hooks. Once it's in you, it'll pluralize that Year into YearS.

YEARS, I tell you.