Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Monday, April 16, 2007

Purple Sequins

I have recently joined VOICES, a community chorus. We had our two concerts this past Friday and Saturday evenings at the Clifton Center. I joined because I love to sing and I thought it would be another way to introduce new things and new people into my life. I was right on both counts. One of the new things I was introduced to is the purple sequined outfit that the group wears for most of our concerts.

Because I have a bit of an aversion to purple and an even bigger aversion to sequins, I was mortified to have to wear the "cracked ice duster" (as it is referred to within the group). But alas, for your entertainment, here is a photo:

Lovely, isn't it? I was informed later that they aren't even sequins. It is merely lots of purple glitter glued in dots all over. Fabulous, just fabulous.

But the performances went well and I had fun. Fortunately, we are getting rid of these outfits soon because the "cracked ice" material is no longer available. Oh, darn.

No comments: