Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Monday, May 07, 2007

Things I Learned Derby Weekend at Camp Mel's

Molly and Rachel

Tiff: Getting Derbied

Mel and Kel

Rachel and Catherine

Rachel, Mel, Carol, Tiffany, Molly and me

  • Although it is possible to make a conscious decision to not let someone else steal your joy, it's not always effective, or the wisest of choices
  • Apparently, parties have to last 65 hours at Mel's
  • When the mattress gets dragged out into her living room, Melanie's house officially becomes Camp Mel's
  • Camp Mel's is the place to be for Derby
  • Some random folks got "partied" and Tiff Reckoning got "Derbied"
  • My new favorite phrase is "Mel, just a minute ago, I got Drrruh-uhnk"!
  • Hotlanta took her mom's fashion advice from the previous visit seriously; gotta love Cathy for her wisdom
  • Having never been exposed to homemade ice-cream, I have now had 3 fabulous experiences; homemade by two different beautiful women... all within the past three weeks! Life IS good!
  • I still make pretty darn good guacamole
  • Boston makes the best mint juleps ever, tailored especially for every one's specific needs
  • Twig and Leaf doesn't do grits well... but there's an award winning recipe that carol could sell them
  • Thanks to a dance lesson, some cleavage, and a dance with one who can waltz like none other, I found my dancing feet again, they had been on hiatus for a bit
  • I will never be able to eat a mango alone... it has to be a shared fruit as someone else has to cut them for me
  • Tiffany wields a mango cutting knife like none other
  • Tiff and I are partnered in life in the following areas: music sharing, mango eating, clove smoking, and crop sharing
  • Knox was sorely missed this time 'round

There is nothing better in the world than a house full of women talking, laughing, loving, breathing, cooking, crying, drinking, writing, kissing, thinking, dreaming.

This is the way, it's the way that we love... and it should be the way that we live,

ALL THE TIME!

Thanks once again Mel, your hospitality is as always fabulous, and you and your friends are wonderful. I am blessed to be a part of all the acceptance, the love and the fun!

2 comments:

T Gonzales said...

Wow. Look at that hat hair. Awesome! I am glad there is a visual record of my confusion during the Derby. I still have not figured out exactly what went on.

rachelerin said...

I freaking love camp mel! And you do make kick ass guac