Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Sunday, November 04, 2007

I've Been Tagged by LadyBurg!

Tagged = someone challenges you to come up with 10 random things about yourself, then you have to tag 5 other bloggers.

10 Random things about me:

  1. I have a soft heart and maybe even a slight obsession with both vultures and opossums. I think they are the under-dogs of the animal world and feel that they are severely under-appreciated.
  2. I can tell you that a Taco Bell taco-the regular corn, hard shell kind- when properly made, weighs 3 oz. Those 3 oz consist of 1.5 oz beef like substance, ½ oz lettuce, ¼ cheese, and the shell weighs ¾ oz. Add another oz for a supreme (3/4 oz sour cream, ¼ oz tomatoes)
  3. I have always wanted to learn to play the cello. Last summer I rented one and tried to teach myself. I gave up after a month. I still want to learn, but will try an instructor next time.
  4. Although I am a self proclaimed vegetarian… I LOVE bacon!!! It is one of the biggest temptations is my world. I consider bacon the gateway meat- in the same way that pot is sometimes said to be a gateway drug, opening the door to harder ones.
  5. I love plants and I love to garden, but I tend to forget to water plants for months at a time and generally, eventually kill them.
  6. I grew up near the beach and spent summers vacationing in Kentucky. Never thought it odd until I moved to KY and found everyone here vacations in Florida.
  7. I visited East Berlin in 1987, 2 years before the wall was torn down. The only picture I have shows a big thumb covering 90% of the picture. You can see my bright red pants and white Reebok high tops and a bit of graffiti on a wall behind me.
  8. I have been to the Daytona 500.
  9. On January 28, 1986, I watched the space shuttle Challenger blow up from my high school campus, less than three miles away from the launch site at Kennedy Space Center.
  10. I have a sometimes considered odd or uncanny memory for dates of happenings, I can generally tell you what time it is within 15 minutes, and I don’t use an alarm to wake up in the mornings (that was three in one… a couple of bonus ones there)!

I tag:

Melanie at melanie's meanderings
Jens at Rest Break
Rachel at i'm not sure...
Tiffany at Lost in Louisville
rachelerin at This day...
and because I can't count...
Dott at Dott Comments

3 comments:

LadyBurg said...

Did you work at Taco Bell? Is that how you knew that?

I appreciate Vultures a bit more after meeting you. I even shared vulture info with a friend recently. You are quite the evangelist for those (rather homely but important) birds. :)

Unknown said...

The Taco Bell thing is a little wacky. No human being knows that, you must be an alien.

RedHeronCurrents said...

Yes, I did work at Taco Bell. It has been 15 years ago that I left there, but it's about that number thing. I also know that a bean burrito weighs 7 oz and can tell you the break down of that as well. As far as the alien comment... well it certainly is not out of the realm of possibilities!