Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Thursday, April 06, 2006

College Prep

OK, so I have been in and out of college for the past 17 years. Yet, this weekend, I will be taking the ACT test...again. I did take it 18 years ago, and actually scored fairly well. It will be interesting to see how uneducated I have become in the time that has passed.
I am taking it to qualify for a program I am applying for at work to pay for my schooling and allow me to work part time, yet still recieve full time pay and benefits. This program is for me to become a radiological technologist... something I grow a little less interested in every day. At least the ACT test will give me something to blog about later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, but doesn't the ACT purport to be more of a skill test than a knowledge test, thereby being independent of your ongoing education (or lack thereof)? that means you'll have to attribute any decrement (sp?) to plain ol aging.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE TEST, as the program sounds like a great opportunity. bet you're as facile as ever...d3

RedHeronCurrents said...

Well, I am sure I did fairly well on the reading and grammer sections... I guessed at least 50% of the math questions. My brain was way too fried for the critical thinking skills needed for the science section. Mostly, I feel I scored pretty horribly!
Facile though I am!