Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all.-Emily Dickenson

Sunday, August 13, 2006

How time flies; whether you are having fun or not!

Unbelievably, it has been over two months since my last posting. Recently inspired by the excitement my friend Melanie has been exuding over the creation of her new blog, here I am finally making an entry.

It seems I fell into a pit of depression and mucked around there for a bit. More on that in a future post.

General life update: I wasn't selected for that silly radiology program that I didn't want anyway, although the rejection was initially devastating. Why is it that I seem to want what I can't have and sometimes really don't even want in the end anyway. A friend says it's often all in how we label things in our minds. I definately could use some new labels. Maybe I could simply re-label to say "I don't really want that anyway", and move along.

That sounds good in theory, but I tend to hang onto things so tightly and so long that I smother and squeeze the life right out of whatever the subject may be. Funny, I lack discipline in every area of my life except for clinging to things that are not meant to be.

You know, blogging is so much cheaper than therapy... and often just as revealing for me, or in this case, of me.

No comments: